The Quanta Advanced Training Center at the Lazy Q Ranch in La Grange, Texas, is a unique 2,300 acre ranch that has been transformed into fully equipped line worker training college. In collaboration with Australian Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), this world class training facility is now available for Australian line worker training for building much needed local capability and skills.
Lazy Q offers the highest level of training by constantly innovating with the latest research and technology.
Our people are at the core of Quanta’s success. We are fully committed to providing the resources it takes to ensure their safety and invest in our employees’ future.
With the latest education and training available, we are continuously developing curriculum to provide best practice, industry-leading programs. As we expand our service capabilities, so will the training facility.
ELECTRIC POWER TRAINING
- Lazy Q Line School – lineman training
- Lineman evaluation
- Lead and cable splicing
- Equipotential bonding and grounding (EB&G)
- Helicopter operations
- XLP cable splicing
- Network systems
- High inductance conductor stringing
- AUT technology
- Hot stick
- LineMaster™ Robotic Arm
Quanta acquired the Northwest Lineman College (NLC) in January of 2018 to further expand its commitment to training the industry’s workforce.
ACROSS THE INDUSTRY
NLC is an accredited training facility in the United States, with four campuses across the country – and plans to build a fifth in North Carolina – offering specialised training across the electric power, pipeline, industrial and communications industries. NLC targets various and diverse hiring pools – and offers grants for those students needing financial assistance.
- Rubber glove certification
- Live line certification
- Advanced transformers
- Digger Derrick certification
- Crew leadership
- Personal protective grounding
- Working in elevated positions
- OSHA 10 hour for power delivery
- Electrical lineworker program (lineman pre-apprentice training)
- Power delivery programs (Lineworker certification, Substation technician certification, System operator, Meter technician, Transmission technician, Journeyman refresher)
- Lineman apprenticeship program
- Mobile training
- Gas distribution training